||A vacation, shopping spree or a night out on the town with great food, fun and laughter might make you happy
for the moment, but the feeling is temporary.
If you want lasting joy, which endures in both good times and bad, here are 8 verses to help you.
1. Philemon 1:7 (NIV) "Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother,
have refreshed the hearts of the Lord's people." Joy comes from knowing you are surrounded by others
who share your faith, who love you and support you. So check your circle and make sure they are a
source of joy, not disdain, sorrow and drama.
2. Psalm 94:19 (NLT) "When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer."
Let the Lord be your comfort in times of difficulty and receive the joy, and peace that comes from doing
leaning on Him above all else.
3. Psalm 98:4 (KJV) "Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice,
and sing praise." Joy is found in worship! Giving God glory for who He is will usher you right into His
presence. So don't fail to give God the glory He is due. As you bless Him, He blesses you.
4. Proverbs 10:28 (ESV) "The hope of the righteous brings joy, but the expectation of the wicked will
perish." The hope we have of God's glory manifesting in the earth gives us great joy. Those who do not
believe, place all their hope in things that are here today and gone tomorrow. They never experience
the true meaning of joy in Christ.
5. James 1:2. (NIV) "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many
kinds..." Take joy in the fact that whatever comes against you cannot destroy you (Isaiah 54:17). It can
only make you better. So when you're going through, give God praise. It's working for your good.
6. Psalm 16:11 (NIV) "You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand." There is no greater joy than that which comes from knowing
you are in the presence of God. Pray, read His word and worship daily so that you may know Him and
bask in His everlasting love.
7. Psalm 119:111 (NLT) "Your laws are my treasure; they are my heart's delight." Don't just read God's
Word, delight in it. Open your heart to the ways of the Lord, and you will be glad. Righteousness and
joy are intertwined.
8. Psalm 92:4. (NLT) "You thrill me, LORD, with all you have done for me! I sing for joy because of what
you have done." Praise God, not only for what He will do, but for what He has already done. Remember
all that God brought you through and you will be full of joy even when you face future difficulties,
knowing that He is yet able.
Placing your hope in and being guided by the word of God is the key to wholeness, abundance and
joyfulness. As you meditate on these scriptures, every area of your life will be infused with the joy of the Lord.
If you're going through a situation that has you feeling hollow and emptied of joy, let our prayer team believe
God with you for a turnaround in your heart, mind and circumstances. Click here to submit a request.